Monday, December 21, 2009
The first video was birthed out of a dare. A coworker and friend, Sherry, made fun of an outfit I was wearing one day. I had beaded fringe on the hem of my pants and a very sparkly shirt. She said, "What's it gonna be tomorrow, CharB - FEATHERS??!!" So guess what?
The second video is at a TERRIBLE angle, but I've had requests (believe it or not) from coworkers for me to put this video up on my blog. It was taken last Thursday at our office Christmas party. Please excuse the camera work at the beginning (and the angle all the way through). Maybe just close your eyes and listen. Okay.....here's the video.
Friday, December 11, 2009
- She knows her name when we call her.
- She pulls herself up on ANY and EVERY thing: laundry basket, storage totes, bookshelves, rocking chair, ottoman, couch, paper shredder (!), etc.
- She loves to be with us EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME.
- She claps.
- She does "all done" in sign language.
- She waves (backwards, but it still counts!).
- She eats "Level 3" solid baby food.
- She wears 9 mos clothing.
- She eats paper (not a positive development, but funny)!
- She plays peek-a-boo by holding up a blanket or something over her eyes and waiting for us to say "peek-a-boo."
- She CRAWLS!!! The old Army scoot is a thing of the past. And she's FAST!
- She holds her own bottle. This has just happened in the last couple of days, and we are thrilled about it! No more "I'm-gonna-put-my-hands-behind-my-head-while-you-feed-me" pose.
- When she wants to stand up, she looks for our hands because she knows we'll stick out a finger that she can grasp. When she's grasped one finger, she looks to our other hand for the other finger and then hoists herself up.
It's a really fun time in our lives, and she is such a blessing.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Joelf, Jen wanted you to see what she's done with the place. Oh, and show you that she's using the stuff you left behind (napkins, etc)! :-)
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
1.) People who answer their phone and then shuffle around and rustle around and then go, "Can you call me back in 5 minutes?" It's like, um WHY did you ANSWER the phone in the first place??
2.) Restaurant coupons that make you think you're getting a deal (for instance: Buy a large pizza and get a kids' meal free) and then come to find out, the large pizza is $23 and the kids' meal was $3.40. That's NOT a deal! I can get 4 pizzas at Dominoe's for $20 and feed my family AND the neighborhood kids!
3.) Women's groups who only support women whose ideals and "platforms" match their own. Can't we just support one another, or at least not cut each other down??
4.) People who have no boundaries. Of course, they don't understand it when YOU establish boundaries. You become the meanie for "laying down the law."
5.) A sense of entitlement. Failure to plan on YOUR part does not constitute an emergency on mine. Here's some advice: if you don't have the money for it, don't buy it. If it breaks, you might have to fix it yourself. If you want something, you might have to work for it. It might take you longer, but you might have to actually do it yourself.
6.) Negative, ranting, ungrateful lists the day before Thanksgiving. I sure hope this blog author redeems herself with something positive tomorrow.