Friday, July 11, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US! (yesterday)

Greg and I celebrated 10 years yesterday! Can you believe it?? I should say, Greg, CHRISSY, and I celebrated 10 years. We became a family, officially, on July 10, 1998. Chrissy was 9 years old. She was so beautiful as my Jr. Bridesmaid. She smiled the whole way down the aisle and didn't wrinkle her dress all day! :-) After the ceremony, we were all outside in the receving line. I looked down at Chrissy, who was right beside me, and she was crying. I immediately became concerned and asked, "Sweetie, what's wrong?" She looked at me and said, "I'm - I'm just so happy." That was one of the most precious moments of my life.

And here's another precious moment. I asked Greg if I could share this with all of you & he said yes. Here's what he wrote on one of my anniversary cards yesterday:

Hi mama,
I know I'm young and very little, but I wanted you to know that I love you. I'm gonna hang on real tight and grow big and strong so that I can be with you and daddy. I love you.
(heart),
B.A.B.Y.
Baby Ain't Born Yet

I'm married to the most wonderful person on the planet. I feel sorry for y'all because I got him! :-)

2 comments:

hezzzy said...

you always know how to bring tears to my eyes (very happy ones!). I'm grateful to God for making this all possible.xo. You are an exceptional couple. May God continue to bless your union. xo! I love you always, Mom.

evil cake lady said...

hooray and congrats to you carlotta! and tell greg thanks for letting you share his wonderful card with all of us. so sweet :)