Monday, December 21, 2009
The first video was birthed out of a dare. A coworker and friend, Sherry, made fun of an outfit I was wearing one day. I had beaded fringe on the hem of my pants and a very sparkly shirt. She said, "What's it gonna be tomorrow, CharB - FEATHERS??!!" So guess what?
The second video is at a TERRIBLE angle, but I've had requests (believe it or not) from coworkers for me to put this video up on my blog. It was taken last Thursday at our office Christmas party. Please excuse the camera work at the beginning (and the angle all the way through). Maybe just close your eyes and listen. Okay.....here's the video.
Friday, December 11, 2009
- She knows her name when we call her.
- She pulls herself up on ANY and EVERY thing: laundry basket, storage totes, bookshelves, rocking chair, ottoman, couch, paper shredder (!), etc.
- She loves to be with us EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME.
- She claps.
- She does "all done" in sign language.
- She waves (backwards, but it still counts!).
- She eats "Level 3" solid baby food.
- She wears 9 mos clothing.
- She eats paper (not a positive development, but funny)!
- She plays peek-a-boo by holding up a blanket or something over her eyes and waiting for us to say "peek-a-boo."
- She CRAWLS!!! The old Army scoot is a thing of the past. And she's FAST!
- She holds her own bottle. This has just happened in the last couple of days, and we are thrilled about it! No more "I'm-gonna-put-my-hands-behind-my-head-while-you-feed-me" pose.
- When she wants to stand up, she looks for our hands because she knows we'll stick out a finger that she can grasp. When she's grasped one finger, she looks to our other hand for the other finger and then hoists herself up.
It's a really fun time in our lives, and she is such a blessing.
Monday, December 7, 2009