Monday, August 9, 2010

A MOST EXCELLENT WEEKEND!

This weekend, the birthday celebration continued! :-)

Friday night, we took Bella up to Alanna and Del's. They had her for TWO nights! They even took her to the beach. That little sweetie (Bella). THOSE little sweeties (Alanna & Del). So Friday night, I stayed up late and then picked Greg up from work. It's nice not to have to wake Bella up at 1:30 in the morning to do that! :-)

Saturday was a HUGE day! Christine and Kelly had arranged for Tae-J and I to have a birthday DAY, and I do mean an entire DAY! We started at the salon. I got a color weave and cut. I love it. The stylist put blond streaks in my reddish brown hair and then she cut it all spikey and cool. At one point, we both commented on how it felt like she was Edward Scissorhands - - - and I loved it! :-) So dramatic. Meanwhile, my friends got their massages and it sounds like they were wonderful! After we got done at the salon, we went to lunch. Mexican. Mmmmm... It was so good. Then, as if the day wasn't decadent already, we went to the movies AND they bought us treats. My word. We were so spoiled. We saw The Other Guys and we all really liked it. But our moods may have been altered at that point due to the sheer delight of the day! I think I got home around 7:00 so I was pampered for 10 hours. Soooo luxurious. Thank you, Christine and Kell!

That night, Greg and I got movies and a pizza and stayed up late and slept in the next morning. We missed our Bella to pieces, but it was a nice break.

Sunday, we picked up Bella. She had a wonderful time and travelled very well. Her new favorite toy? A small calculator. She likes when I press the buttons and tell her what numbers they are. She's so cute! Anyway, I dropped her and Greg off at home and I immediately went to get Nicole. She and I had fun. We hadn't seen each other in a couple of weeks. We went to Shari's for lunch and then browsed at Michael's for about a 1/2 hour. We always have fun, no matter what we're doing.

So, yeah. A wonderful weekend was had by all. I feel so blessed as I reflect on my 35th year and look forward to the blessings and experiences in my 36th year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Look at that widget! Only 22 days until another beautiful baby girl, YAY! Love you all, Deb

Adventures and Good Times! said...

Your weekend sounds fabulous!! Stretching out turning 36 a bit, aren't you? HA! Can't wait to see your hair!!!

Anonymous said...

You had Edward Scissorhands work on you?? Yipes! What a woooonderful relaxing pampered day for you & TaeJ. You have great friends & family around you & may the good times roll! xo

Sarah said...

happy bday girl!!!!!

Tracy Mangold said...

Ohhhhh...sounds wonderful and I cannot think of anyone MORE deserving than YOU! :D