Friday, February 4, 2011

DON'T KNOW HOW TO TITLE THIS ONE

Not. Muslim. Okay?

I Love Bloggin

He's a Christian.

These were all titles I considered for this blog entry. The first one seemed a little too negative. The second one seemed a little too "I'm-a-truck-driver-usin-a-CB". The third one doesn't encapsulate it well enough. So here. Just read on.

By Perry Bacon Jr. and Michelle Boorstein
Washington Post Staff Writers Thursday, February 3, 2011; 12:37 PM
President Obama called his Christian faith "a sustaining force" in his life in an unusual speech Thursday at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, where he acknowledged persistent questions about his religion and offered perhaps his most detailed comments about his spiritual beliefs and practices.
Obama, who has faced a persistent number of Americans who mistakenly believe that he is a Muslim as well as questions about why he only occasionally attends church, described how he "came to know Jesus Christ for myself and embrace him as my Lord and savior."
He acknowledged questions about his faith.
"My Christian faith, then, has been a sustaining force for me over these last few years, all the more so when Michelle and I hear our faith questioned from time to time," he said to a crowd of about 4,000 at the Washington Hilton hotel. "We are reminded that ultimately what matters is not what other people say about us, but whether we're being true to our conscience and true to our God. 'Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you, as well.' "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he's ever been baptized? I guess we wonder cuz he's our president & we wanna know all about the person who represents us all.

Adventures and Good Times! said...

I'm glad you posted this, Charbie. I thought this country was supposedly birthed from the ideas of religious freedoms, therefore, even if he was a Muslim, it really shouldn't matter. His faith should have nothing to do with his job description. That's just what I think...