Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HI-LARIOUS!

Ok, my coworker just got here & she told me the FUNNIEST thing! Ok, so she went to a lot of effort to find the TV channel that the Beavers game was on last night. She finally found the station & settled in. The game was supposed to start at 7:00 so she started watching at 6:50 - just to be safe. Then, as sometimes happens in Portland, it rained so there were rain delays. So my friend & coworker, who by the way is NOT a sports fan, was annoyed, but thought "It'll be worth it." The sports announcers kept saying, "10 more minutes, 10 more minutes." FINALLY, at 7:28, my friend heard the stadium announcer say "Please remove your hats and stand for the singing our our National Anthem by Charlotte Kammer." My friend sat up in her chair. She positioned her cats so that they could watch. Her eyes her big with anticipation. Then........THEY WENT TO COMMERCIAL!!!!! Guess how long the National Anthem is? 1:30. Guess how long the commercial break was? 1:30. When the commercials were over, all my friend saw was my backside walking off the field! Too funny! So much for my big debut!

No comments: