Friday, January 30, 2009

A VISIT TO THE DOCTOR

We had our routine appointment with the doctor last night. I was excited after I left, just with talking about how soon this could happen, how much she likely weighs right now, etc. She is such a MOVER! Doc Nok (our affectionate term for him) tried to get her heart beat FIVE TIMES before she actually held still long enough for us to see it's beating at 135 BPM. :-) Greg said she heard us saying she needs to hold still so she purposely played with us! I think he might be right. She weighs roughly 5 lbs 12 oz. As of last night, she was facing my back with her head down. Head down is good. We hope she turns forward in the next 5 weeks because that is the ideal birthing position. It's amazing to me how much Doc Nok can tell just by looking and feeling my stomach. I also asked him about the weird "bump" that forms when I'm on my back and lift my torso half way up, like doing a sit up. He said the ab muscles move to the side to accomodate the uterus so that "bump" that protrudes in the middle when those muscles contract is actually my uterus. Ewwww! It looks weird - but cool.
So only 5 more weeks until the due date. We are getting her space ready. I've mentioned that we have a cradle from Auntie Alanna, a changing table from Auntie Kelly, and numerous clothes from Auntie Deet. We also recently got a rocker glider, and a headboard with storage that allowed us to get rid of our nightstands. We are still looking for a 9-drawer dresser to best utilize the space we have.

3 comments:

Our Journey said...

Can you give me your address? miareed@charter.net

I'm happy and excited for you guys.

evil cake lady said...

hey char,
just to clarify, the best position for baby for birth is with her back on your left side looking back towards your right butt cheek. if she were facing forward you'd have back labor, ouch! she's got plenty of time to move; some babies don't move into a great position until during their birth!

hezzzy said...

She's such a dandy dolly dancer & can't wait to make her debut. She'll probably take a bow when she appears... God bless her dancing toes :-)xo