Tuesday, September 23, 2008

UPDATE

Hello! I can't believe September is almost over and yesterday was the first day of Fall. Traditionally, I struggle with Fall. It's dark. It's cold. Things are dieing. Wa wa. But I'm aware of this, so I'm trying to counteract it by keeping my schedule pretty tame, exercising, and reading inspiring materials.

Speaking of inspiring materials, I just got a media kit from Margaret Becker's booking agent. I'm trying to bring her conference, "Coming up for Air", to the Portland area. Maggie B has long been a favorite singer of mine & now she's written 2 books and is a speaker. Her fee is less than I thought, but will still require a step of faith - and lots of planning. So I'm praying it's God's will for her to come to the Northwest! www.maggieb.com

The pregnancy is going along fine. I'm really tired - haven't quite caught that "2nd wind" that some people say you get in the 2nd trimester. Oh well. It is what it is. Greg is still looking for full time work, either at UPS or elsewhere. If he doesn't find something, I'll go back to work just as soon as I physically can and Greg will be a stay-at-home dad! That'll be different, eh?? He'll do an awesome job though. But pray for full time work for him because we both really want me to be able to stay home, at least for a few months.

Christianna is busy working and starting school. She and Sanchez are still living with her mom, but they have plans to move out soon.

The Spirit at the Mountain event was really fun. Just before the last chorus of my first solo, the sound went completely out - mic, music, everything. But I just kept singing! I finished the song and then we figured out what the problem was & went from there. It was so fun to sing with Amy! I'm hoping we do more of this kind of thing together.

On October 3, there is a women's event at our church called "Draw Me Close." It's a time of reflection, relaxation, and togetherness. Oh yeah - dinner is served too! If you're in the Portland area, I invite you to come. It's October 3 at 6:30 at Mt. Scott Church of God, 10603 SE Henderson, Portland, Oregon 97266. Tickets are $5.

Have a great week. Know that God is God, no matter what your circumstances, and that He is always with you.

2 comments:

Adventures and Good Times! said...

Wow! I'm glad you blogged again! Sounds like you had a good weekend! Love ya, Jojo

hezzzy said...

Difficult to put your thoughts down due to the turn of events lately? or just not interested in blogging lately... or B. all of the above? xo