Saturday, February 28, 2009

BEDREST - it ain't just a capital in Hungary!

Ok, so I was reaching with the headline (a play on Budapest - get it??). But I've got to keep my sense of humor! Everything's fine with me and the baby. On Tuesday when I went in for my normal appointment, my blood pressure was a little on the high side. They did a bunch of blood work and monitoring and found that I'm doing great & so is the baby. However, they want me to take it easy until she's born so that my blood pressure doesn't spike. I've been on bed rest since then. Our next appointment is Monday afternoon. There's been talk of inducing, but I told the doctor that as long as I'm not in danger and the baby's not in danger, I'd rather wait. He agrees. So now it's just a waiting game........

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't think you were staying in bed for the halibut!!!
Okay - very bad - I know but I just could not resist!!!!
You take care of yourself!!!
Thinking of you!!
Love,
Tracy

hezzzy said...

HERHERHERHERHER. YOU A FUNNY GIL!!!

Angie said...

Ohhhhh! The anticipation is getting greater. Can't wait until you are proud parents to a little bundle of joy.

Take it easy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Getting so close now, and bedrest is miserable! Bummer! I am glad that you and baby are being closely watched, and doing well. Sending you all love... :) Deb

Angie said...

Today is your due date!!! When is that baby gonna get here? Let us all know what is to be expected. Maybe it has happened already?

Thinking about you all. Congrats on the big day.