Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DID YOU WATCH?

Did you watch Ellen's debut on American Idol? I saw the first 1/2 hour. I like Ellen, but I was prepared to NOT like her on AI. It's not that I particularly LOVED Paula, but I just thought that having a new person would throw everything off.

In spite of my initial misgivings, I actually did like Ellen last night. I heard on the radio this morning that people are criticizing Ellen for being mean to contestant, Skiiboski. Yes, Skiiboski. All she said was that Skiiboski (okay, I'll stop typing that) was scary and that she felt like he was stalking them. She advised him to not frighten his audience. She wasn't being tongue in cheek. She wasn't saying it to get a laugh. I got the feeling that was how she truly felt. I felt the same way she did. He was skeevy, smarmy, and weird! But the criticism of Ellen today is that she is trying to be too much like Simon, aka she's being mean. HUH?? Everything I heard her say was delivered gently, but it was honest. I guess people miss Paula more than they thought they would.

I DO still miss Paula. Even when she was over-medicated (putting it mildly), she brought an energy to the show. She may have looked ridiculous standing up, dancing, clapping (or trying to), but she DID give the show energy.

I don't know. I'm kind of over AI. I'll stick with it for this season because, let's face it - I love TV and I have nothing else going on. But next year's a different story.....

1 comment:

hezzzy said...

I ALMOST went back to watching AI just b'cuz of Ellen ... then I thought again & decided: no, don't really care about it anymore. It's too much of the same stuff each year & stopped being entertaining for me. I'm getting enthused about the new one "Undercover Boss" tho. I haven't seen it yet but keep hearing people talk about it. Gonna check that one out.