Sunday, April 3, 2022

first blog: starting out

 Okay I am not really used to this and I don't exactly know how to do this but I do know why I am doing it. Before I get into that, maybe I should tell you some stuff about me. First of all my name is Abby. K. I go to Rowe Middle School in Milwaukee, Oregon. I also feel like this blog is really important. I feel like it's important because we have real problems that need real solutions and we need to do what we can. 

The problems we are facing are stuff like: Global Warming, Homelessness, Wars, Food and water security, Lack of political freedom and political instability, Lack of education, Safety, security, and well being. woman rights (people may have changed it but it can still happen and it is.),  sexual harassment (may not seem like a big problem but it is), black lives matter, E.T.C. 

I care about this planet and I know a lot of people do but we are not taking care of it like we should. There are still wars, there are still broken people in the world, and there are still problems. But people - including myself sometimes - are too obsessed with themselves to wake up and notice that our world is in danger if we don't do anything. I know that is heavy to carry but the truth can be heavy. I may be a child but that doesn't mean that I don't know the problems and that I don't have the solutions. 

Maybe kids, tween's, young adults, teenagers, maybe even a four year old or six year old are what we need to fix this. The world is broken I am not gonna lie, and I know that a blog probably is more happy than this. This isn't about my life it is about all the 7.9 billion people in the world. I am sorry that this is not that happy but real life isn't always happy. 

I get if you don't want to read this because it might be depressing and it might not exactly be what you want to read but it is IMPORTANT! I guarantee that this will get you thinking and it will be important. Now, if you want to know more I will be posting and blogging at the end of or in the afternoon of saturday everyday. 

This is something that needs to be done, This is something that needs to end, and this is something that needs to stop! All of it, not just global warming, not just war, and not just black lives matter everything. And that may seem like a lot and it is but it is also worth it.

 So, if you care about this world and if you want to do better then you will continue reading this blog because it is extremely important that we take care of this world because it is the only one we've got and even if no one reads it I will keep posting because we have to do something and 0 reads lead to 1 which eventually lead to 10, which leads to 20, which leads to 50 and goes to 100 and up. 

Goodbye, Hopefully someone will read this and find it interesting.      

No comments: