Monday, February 18, 2008

UPDATE

I just weighed myself and it's 296.8 so that's a loss of 0.8 pounds. Not the best, but not bad either. I will now be weighing on Thursdays, starting this week, because I joined a group through our nurse's clinic at work and she weighs us on Thursdays. It's called T.P.A.Q. which stands for Ten Pounds A Quarter. They've been doing it since the first of the year, but you can join at any time. Delores, the main nurse, is awesome. She has her own weight struggles so she GETS IT, ya know? She goes, "When the bag of chips says 13 servings, you and me only see one serving, huh?" I'm like, "Ohhh yeah." So portion control is still a big struggle for me. So is keeping up with the Daily Plate. But I just keep doing what I can do. I mean, after having weighed in at over 300 pounds at the start of this venture, it's nice to know I've lost 3.2 pounds. Hello! It's the little victories we NEED to celebrate. And any time I haven't GAINED weight, I'm happy.

One thing I did this last week that really worked, is I programmed my iPod Shuffle according to my workout. So I have some slower songs for warm up, 80's rock for weight lifting, fast songs for cardio (thank you, Fergie!), and back to slower songs for floor work. That definitely helped, especially where the cardio was concerned.

So, goals for this week:
work out 3x
Read the intro to the book Delores gave me
Maintain the Daily Plate for one full day
Weigh in with Delores on Thursday

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

3 comments:

TJ said...

You never cease to amaze me! You should be very proud of all that you are doing and the changes that you keep choosing to make. Yes, YOU ARE MAKING THAT CHOICE and that's half the battle. You may not see the difference but I do so keep up the good work!

Star Char said...

TJ, you're the best! I appreciate your words of encouragement!

hezzzy said...

Voicing your progress & setbacks is very beneficial. I think more of us would benefit from doing something like this. It would make me more accountable for one & the added support is a plus. There's force in numbers!!!! Your progress has far out-weighed your setbacks. Let us know about this new approach from TPAQ. Hope you get some positive tools from it. You're really putting your heart & soul & health intothis & I commend you whole-heartedly, CharB. xo