Tuesday, January 6, 2009

CHEESY GOODNESS

I was so blessed this Christmas! I got wonderful gifts like comfy pjs, gift cards, funny movies, and special ornaments. The one thing that left me speechless was the Tillamook Cheddar Cheese Cookbook! I was literally speechless. If you know me at ALL, you know that doesn't happen very often. But come ON, people. They have a whole chapter dedicated to just mac and cheese!

To celebrate this great gift, we had Moelf and W over for dinner on Sunday. I made 2 batches of mac and cheese: one was their "plain Jane" recipe from 1925 and the other was more gourmet with ham, pears, and pecans in it. Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Both kinds were soooo yummy! If you get a chance, you HAVE to buy this book. It's cute because each chapter highlights a different Tillamook dairy family. It also includes company history and photos. I was going to get it on Amazon.com if nobody got it for me for Christmas, but if you want to support local business, you can get it at www.tillamookcheese.com or www.powells.com.

Kell, Thanks for the gift! Hanson, YOU would love this cookbook!

4 comments:

hezzzy said...

You & your mac/cheese. You've loved it your life. yummers to your tummers :-p But I'm sure others feel the same. I put it on the feast list for our reunion in Septemmmmmmmber. Well, Christmas certainly came & went waaaay too fast this year. Can we start over?

Star Char said...

I'd rather just MOVE AHEAD! Christmas was extremely chaotic and WEIRD for me! Here's to 2009...... Love you!

Sarah said...

That is AWESOME. john Loves I mean LOVES tilamook cheese. It is so yummy and delicious. I think that will be something I will have to get him for his b-day. good idea!

Anonymous said...

Char,

I'm so glad to hear you loved the cookbook. We enjoyed your post so much that we decided to feature it as our post of the day today at the Tillamook Cheese Fan Club. Check it out: www.tillamookfanclub.com.

It will also be permanently feature in our 'What's Churning' Section here: www.tillamookfanclubjavascript:void(0).com/whats-online.cfm

Thank you for being such a great fan,

Hannah with Tillamook Cheese