Monday, December 17, 2007

It's God's world - we just live here.

That was the message of my weekend. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I feel like God is messing with me, even though I know rationally that that's not part of His character. I do feel like my faith is stretched. In other words, learning about giving up trying to control everything to the point of micro managing. This last week, I had lists and schedules for EVERYTHING! Looking back, it was kind of ridiculous.

It's amazing the kind of pain you can feel from being a parent type. No matter what, I love Chrissy with all my heart, even if our Christmas didn't happen. And I know this is a rough time for her too. She is transitioning into adult hood. With freedom comes responsibility and that's hard for everybody.

In my mind, respect is a huge part of love and when you have differing priorities, it's hard to understand where the other one is coming from. Chrissy seems to value money over time and effort and we are vice versa. That's hard. But I know we'll find a happy medium. It's just going to take time. And faith. Faith that God is with us. Faith that He wants us to be at peace. Faith that things will be ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Christmas plans w/Chris going awry. It makes me sad that her adult choices (especially over the wknd)are causing you this pain. I understand it, too & Charlotte, God KNOWS you're understanding & He SEES your patience. He also knows your pain & is helping you through this. I'm here for you, too with all my love & care. xo