Monday, November 5, 2007

I NEED ANOTHER DAY!

The weekend went by so quickly! But it was so fun.

Friday night: TJ, Joelf, and I went scrapbooking at Life's a Scrapbook in Sherwood. It's a really fun place to scrap and yap. As a matter of fact, I don't think TJ and I started working until about 9:00! We all just had so much to say.

Out of all the things I value, friends are at the top of my list. I am so blessed to have friends I can be honest with and they can can be honest with me. They don't judge me, but they help steer me if I'm getting off the right path. Yes, there IS a right path! Greg loves me unconditionally, Kelly allows me to be real, Tae-Ja keeps me firmly planted, and Joelfre encourages me to fly! Thank you, friends.

Ok, so it's Monday. At work. I'm trying to keep an upbeat attititude, but it's hard. For one thing, the wall clock is against me. It didn't get changed over the weekend and none of us are tall enough to change it so.........it's saying lunch is right around the corner. In reality, lunch is an hour away! Another thing that's making this positivity thing challenging today is people on the phone. Why are they so angry? Sometimes it feels like you have to leave the house with a shield and a breastplate of armor! For instance, I just had a customer call and she was so angry that her 2 WEEK ad was $13!! $13, people! So I got it down to $10 and she was just ok with it, but still surly. Well, then she was even angrier when I told her she had to prepay her ad. "I don't understand you, (pause) BUSinesses. Tsk! I don't know why you can't just (pause) TRUST people." Yikes. Is she in the real world?? It IS sad that we can't base business on handshakes and people's word. But it's reality.

So I could have used one more day to be at home, drink in the sun. Oh yeah - and clean the bathroom. (ugh)

Oh and just in case you're curious - I didn't make the woman prepay her ad! It WAS a lost pet ad - I'm not heartless!

1 comment:

Adventures and Good Times! said...

I know what you mean about another day. I got a lot done this weekend, but I could always use more. And, you're welcome, FRIEND!!