Wednesday, November 28, 2007

NEED VS. WANT


Recently, a friend asked me, "Do you need to be busy all the time?" The question gave me pause. Do I NEED to be "busy" "all the time." Well, let's see. I like being with people. My experiences in life are enriched when they involve other people. I enjoy an active pace, active schedule. I don't want to miss out on anything or anyone. I have an appreciation for life and its "temporal-ness." But do I NEED to be busy all the time? No. And I would argue that it's not a matter of being busy all the time. It's a matter of feeling alive. As my mom wrote in her blog, if you're not changing, you're stagnating. That's not an option, as far as I'm concerned. Evolution is a good thing. So is being with the ones you love.


So in answer to the question, I CHOOSE to live life to the fullest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy is so evasive. You can be busy watching tv & what have you accomplished? Busy can be meaningless. Living life to it's fullest potential means everything God intended. Comparing one person's interests against another is unfair. We all make our own choices. Charlotte, you've always loved life & strive to get as much out of it as you can. You've always been that way & I pray you continue to love what you do & do what you love. You know when it's quiet time & you know when it's "LIVE OUTLOUD" time so continue to live it intentionally as you choose with passion & all the gusto God gave ya.

Star Char said...

Thanks, Hez! I love you.