Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Oooooh, I'm Bloggin' My Life Away!

Does anyone out there remember that Eddie Rabbit song? "I'm Drivin' My Life Away?" It reminds me of dancing on my dad's feet (on purpose!) as a little girl in the out-of-the-way bar in the out-of-the-way town we ran across on a Sunday drive. The live music was played with passion that betrayed the beleaguered faces of the band members. The floors vibrated so much that I could feel the beat through my dad's feet! I can see my sister and my mom sitting at a nearby table, eating fries and drinking pop, my sister eagerly awaiting her turn to dance with daddy. She was younger, more slight. No matter. We both loved it when daddy would go faster, faster, faster! We'd spin with joy, not a care in the world. I truly believe my love of music was solidified during those times. As a 6-year old. In a bar. Go figure.

No comments: